About us: History - 1950s

In the 1950s, the partners made their entry into the field of bridge design, for which they later became renowned. Initially, they designed the formwork for one of the bridges in Cairo, then designed a reinforced concrete bridge connecting the Manial and Garden City districts of Cairo. They also conducted the review of design of the composite Gamaa Bridge over the Nile.

In 1955 Prof Moharram, as a member of the teaching staff of Ain Shams University, embarked on a trip to different European countries to study state-of-the-art practices in structural design and construction. Through connections made on this trip, the partners were later able to work with a German contracting company to bring the specialised cantilever system of bridge construction to Egypt. These early experiences and exclusive technical knowledge formed the basis of their sterling reputation in bridge engineering.